Utah Marriage Laws
Become Legally Ordained Minister in Utah | Get Ordained - Licensed
to do Weddings - Marriages | Perform Wedding Ceremonies | Become
Marriage Minister | Officiant | Pastor | Reverend | Evangelist | Ordination for Christians is Simple and Quick |
World Christianship Ministries
Quick Honest Ordination for Sincere Christians
Authority to do Legal Wedding Ceremonies in the state of Utah
Follow the 3 step Procedure Below
1. Get Ordained
- Click on one of the Links below to Open and Print your simple
application, or leave a name and address if you wish an
Application/Information Packet mailed to you.
2. Call your local Marriage License Office
and ask them if you need to file a copy of your ordination with them,
or meet any other requirement before doing a wedding ceremony. Only a
few states require filing a copy of your credentials. Check the
Marriage Laws in Utah below for details about your state.
3. Perform the wedding....We
suggest you get a copy of World Christianship Ministries "Marriage
Minister Handbook" before doing a wedding. It is a "straight to
the point" guide for everything concerning the wedding, such as:
handling the Marriage License, where people stand, example marriage
ceremonies, opportunities open to you as a Marriage Minister,
Advertising, Location of Ceremonies, what to wear, and more. (Based on
over 2,000 weddings performed by the Administrator of WCM).
Ministry Phone Number: (559) 297-4271 E-Mail
Utah Marriage Laws
30-1-6. Who may solemnize marriages -- Certificate.
(1) Except for a county clerk, or a county clerk's designee, as
provided below, the following persons may solemnize a marriage at that
- (a) ministers, rabbis, or priests of any religious denomination who are:
- (i) in regular communion with any religious society; and
- (ii) 18 years of age or older;
- (b) Native American spiritual advisors;
- (d) the lieutenant governor;
- (e) mayors of municipalities or county executives;
- (f) a justice, judge, or commissioner of a court of record;
- (g) a judge of a court not of record of the state;
- (h) judges or magistrates of the United States;
- (i) the county clerk of any county in the state or the county clerk's designee as authorized by Section 17-20-4;
- (j) the president of the Senate;
- (k) the speaker of the House of Representatives; or
- (l) a judge or magistrate who holds office in Utah when retired, under rules set by the Supreme Court.
(2) A person authorized under Subsection (1) who solemnizes a marriage
shall give to the couple married a certificate of marriage that shows
- (a) name of the county from which the license is issued; and
- (b) date of the license's issuance.
- (3) As used in this section:
- (a) "Judge or magistrate of the United States" means:
- (i) a justice of the United States Supreme Court;
- (ii) a judge of a court of appeals;
- (iii) a judge of a district court;
- (iv) a judge of any court created by an act of Congress the judges of which are entitled to hold office during good behavior;
- (v) a judge of a bankruptcy court;
- (vi) a judge of a tax court; or
- (vii) a United States magistrate.
- (i) "Native American spiritual advisor" means a person who:
- (A) leads, instructs, or facilitates a Native American religious ceremony or service or provides religious counseling; and
- (B) is recognized as a spiritual advisor by a federally recognized Native American tribe.
(ii) "Native American spiritual advisor" includes a sweat lodge leader,
medicine person, traditional religious practitioner, or holy man or
(4) Except as provided in Section 17-20-4, and notwithstanding any
other provision in law, no person authorized under Subsection (1) to
solemnize a marriage may delegate or deputize another person to perform
the function of solemnizing a marriage.
OPEN ALL MARRIAGE LAWS IN UTAH BY CLICKING HERE
Link to Marriage Laws for Other States and More Information
|World Christianship Ministries LLC
|Site Map - Menu - Content
| Ministry Phone Number (559) 297- 4271
|E-Mail Address: email@example.com
|Fax # for Applications: (559) 297- 4223
© World Christianship Ministries LLC, Fresno, CA...South Lake Tahoe, CA