Become an Ordained Minister in Maine | Laws | Regulations | Requirements to Get Married in Maine | How to get a Marriage License in Maine | Cost | Wedding Officiant | Register | Get Ordained | How to Perform a Marriage in Maine | Who Can Solemnize a Marriage | Legally Marry | Who can marry and how to get married in Main | World Christianship Ministries |    Home Page

   ordination ceretificate maine state flag wcm logo
Certificate Examples, Click Ordination Certificate Above

Maine Marriage Laws

Become Legally Ordained Licensed Minister in Maine | Get Ordained - Licensed to do Weddings - Marriages | Perform Wedding Ceremonies | Become Marriage Minister | Officiant | Pastor | Reverend | Evangelist | Ordination for Christians is Simple and Quick | WCM Weddings Page |

Quick Honest Ordination for Sincere Christians
Authority to do Legal Wedding Ceremonies in the state of Maine

Follow the 3 step Procedure Below

1. Get Ordained - Click on one of the Links below to Open and Print your simple application, or leave a name and address if you wish an Application/Information Packet mailed to you.

2. Call your local Marriage License Office and ask them if you need to file a copy of your ordination with them, or meet any other requirement before doing a wedding ceremony. Only a few states require filing a copy of your credentials.  Check the Marriage Laws in Maine below for details about your state.

3. Perform the wedding....We suggest you get a copy of World Christianship Ministries "Marriage Minister Handbook" before doing a wedding.  It is a "straight to the point" guide for everything concerning the wedding, such as: handling the Marriage License, where people stand, example marriage ceremonies, opportunities open to you as a Marriage Minister, Advertising, Location of Ceremonies, what to wear, and more. (Based on over 2,000 weddings performed by the Administrator of WCM).

request page

mail application

Questions?     Ministry Phone Number:  (559) 297-4271      E-Mail Address:

 Maine Marriage Laws
§655. Authorization; penalties
1. Persons authorized to solemnize marriages.  The following may solemnize marriages in this State:
A. If a resident of this State:
(1) A justice or judge;
(2) A lawyer admitted to the Maine Bar; or
(4) A notary public under Title 4, chapter 19; [2011, c. 111, §2 (AMD).]
B. Whether a resident or nonresident of this State and whether or not a citizen of the United States:
(1) An ordained minister of the gospel;
(2) A cleric engaged in the service of the religious body to which the cleric belongs; or
(3) A person licensed to preach by an association of ministers, religious seminary or ecclesiastical body; and [2011, c. 111, §3 (AMD).]
C. A nonresident of the State who has a temporary registration certificate issued by the Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics pursuant to subsection 1-A. [2011, c. 111, §4 (NEW).]
[ 2011, c. 111, §§2-4 (AMD) .]
1-A. Temporary registration certificate.  The Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics may issue a temporary registration certificate to solemnize a marriage ceremony to an individual who is a resident of another state and who is authorized under the laws of that state to solemnize marriages.
A. An individual seeking a temporary registration certificate under this subsection must submit to the Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics:
(1) A copy of a valid commission or other indicia of authority to perform marriage ceremonies in the individual's state of residence as proof of existence of the authority;
(2) A copy of the other state's statute that grants the individual authority to solemnize marriages in that state;
(3) The names and residences of the 2 parties whose marriage the individual proposes to solemnize and the expected date of the marriage ceremony; and
(4) A $100 registration fee. [2011, c. 111, §5 (NEW).]
B. Upon finding that the individual has satisfied the requirements of paragraph A, the Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics shall issue to the individual a temporary registration certificate authorizing the individual to solemnize the marriage of the parties whose names were provided pursuant to paragraph A, subparagraph (3). The Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics may decline to issue a temporary registration certificate if complaints filed against the individual for actions in this State have been substantiated or for other good cause, even if the state in which the individual is authorized to solemnize marriages has not taken disciplinary action. [2011, c. 111, §5 (NEW).]
C. A temporary registration certificate does not authorize the individual to solemnize any marriage other than the marriage of the parties provided pursuant to paragraph A, subparagraph (3). [2011, c. 111, §5 (NEW).]
D. A temporary registration certificate under this subsection expires upon the individual's signing the marriage license or 90 days after issuance, whichever occurs first. [2011, c. 111, §5 (NEW).]
E. The Office of Data, Research and Vital Statistics shall keep a permanent record of all temporary registration certificates issued under this subsection. The records must contain the name and residence of each individual to whom a temporary registration certificate is issued. [2011, c. 111, §5 (NEW).]
[ 2011, c. 111, §5 (NEW) .]
2. Enforcement.  The State Registrar of Vital Statistics shall enforce this section as far as it comes within the state registrar's power and shall notify the district attorney of the county in which the penalty should be enforced of the facts that have come to the state registrar's knowledge. Upon receipt of this notice, the district attorney shall prosecute the person who violated this section.
[ 1995, c. 694, Pt. B, §2 (NEW); 1995, c. 694, Pt. E, §2 (AFF) .]
3. Religious exemption.   This chapter does not require any member of the clergy to perform or any church, religious denomination or other religious institution to host any marriage in violation of the religious beliefs of that member of the clergy, church, religious denomination or other religious institution. The refusal to perform or host a marriage under this subsection cannot be the basis for a lawsuit or liability and does not affect the tax-exempt status of the church, religious denomination or other religious institution.


Link to Marriage Laws for Other States and More Information

Other Maine Marriage Laws

World Christianship Ministries LLC
Site Map - Menu - Content
 Ministry Phone Number
(559) 297- 4271

E-Mail Address:

Fax # for Applications:
(559) 297- 4223

General Information
Senior Citizen Ordination
Womens Ordination
Fast Ordination
Ordination Packages (Clergy Packages)
Ordination Application/Ordering Forms PDF
Ordination Application Forms - html jpeg
Application Page
How to become a?
Be Ordained Today!
Legal Status, Religious Freedom Laws
Become Ordained Minister by State
Ordained Minister
How to Become Legally Ordained Minister

Do Weddings - Marriages
Weddings Page
Who Can Do Marriages
Marriage Laws for Each State
Interactive Marriage Law Map of USA
Marriage Ministry, Earn $

Sermons, How to Prepare
Search Page
Links Page

Certificates Page
Church Charter
Letter of Good Standing, Communion
Parchment Paper Choices

Bible Courses, Handbooks
Bible Study Courses
Handbooks & Materials

Miscellaneous or General
Mail me an Application Packet
Replacing Certificates and Materials
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Countries with WCM Ordained Ministers
Music Page - Inspiring Christian Videos
International Association of Clergy
Surprise Page
Thank You Page
Featured Ministry


© World Christianship Ministries LLC