Become an Ordained Minister in Delaware | Laws | Regulations | Requirements to Get Married in Delaware | Cost | Wedding Officiant | Register | Get Ordained | How to get a Marriage License, How to Perform a Marriage in Delaware | Who Can Solemnize a Marriage | Perform legal weddings, marriage in Delaware | Who can marry and how to get married in Delaware | World Christianship Ministries  |   Home Page

   ordination certificate delaware state flag wcm logo
Certificate Examples, Click Ordination Certificate Above

Delaware Marriage Laws

Become Legally Ordained Licensed Minister in Delaware | Get Ordained - Licensed to do Weddings - Marriages | Perform Wedding Ceremonies | Become Marriage Minister | Officiant | Pastor | Reverend | Evangelist | Ordination for Christians is Simple and Quick | WCM Weddings Page |

Quick Honest Ordination for Sincere Christians
Authority to do Legal Wedding Ceremonies in the state of Delaware

Follow the 3 step Procedure Below

1. Get Ordained - Click on the Link below to Open and Print your simple application, or leave a name and address if you wish an Application/Information Packet mailed to you.

2. Call your local Marriage License Office and ask them if you need to file a copy of your ordination with them, or meet any other requirement before doing a wedding ceremony. Only a few states require filing a copy of your credentials.  Check the Marriage Laws in Delaware below for details about your state.

3. Perform the wedding....We suggest you get a copy of World Christianship Ministries "Marriage Minister Handbook" before doing a wedding.  It is a "straight to the point" guide for everything concerning the wedding, such as: handling the Marriage License, where people stand, example marriage ceremonies, opportunities open to you as a Marriage Minister, Advertising, Location of Ceremonies, what to wear, and more. (Based on over 2,000 weddings performed by the Administrator of WCM).

request page

mail aplication

Questions?     Ministry Phone Number:  (559) 297-4271      E-Mail Address:

  Delaware Marriage Laws

§ 106 Individuals authorized to solemnize marriages; requirements to solemnize marriage; penalty.

(a)(1) For purposes of this subsection, "chief executive officer" means the mayor of an incorporated municipality. If an incorporated municipality does not have a mayor, then "chief executive officer" means the president of the legislative body of the incorporated municipality. If an incorporated municipality does not have a mayor or a president of the legislative body, then "chief executive officer" means the presiding officer of the legislative body of the incorporated municipality.

(2) The following individuals over 18 years of age may solemnize a marriage between individuals who may lawfully enter into the matrimonial relation:

a. A clergyperson or minister of any religion.

b. A current or former judge of this State's Supreme Court, Superior Court, Family Court, Court of Chancery, Court of Common Pleas, or Justice of the Peace Court.

c. A current or former federal judge or magistrate with jurisdiction over this State.

d. A current or former Clerk of the Peace of a county of this State, within the county in which the Clerk holds or held that office.

e. The chief executive officer of an incorporated municipality of this State, within the corporate limits of that municipality.

(3) For good cause being shown, the Clerk of the Peace for the county in which a marriage is to be performed may allow by written authorization all of the following to solemnize a marriage between individuals who may lawfully enter into the matrimonial relation:

a. A current or former judge of another state's judiciary.

b. A current or former federal judge or magistrate with jurisdiction over a state other than this State.

c. A current Clerk of the Peace from another county within this State.

(4) Marriages shall be solemnized in the presence of at least 2 reputable witnesses who are at least 18 years of age and who shall sign the certificate of marriage as prescribed by this chapter. Marriages may be solemnized or contracted according to the forms and usages of any religious society or in an entirely secular manner. No marriage shall be solemnized or contracted without the production of a license issued pursuant to this chapter.

(b) [Repealed.]

(c) In the case of absence or disability of the duly elected Clerk of the Peace, the chief deputy or, if there is no chief deputy, a deputy or acting deputy employed in the office of and appointed by the Clerk of the Peace, shall be authorized to solemnize marriages.

(d) Whoever, not being authorized by this section, solemnizes a marriage, shall be fined $100, and in default of the payment of such fine shall be imprisoned not more than 30 days, and such marriage shall be void, unless it is in other respects lawful and is consummated with the full belief of either of the parties in its validity.

(e) Other than as provided in this subsection, nothing in this section shall be construed to require any individual, including any clergyperson or minister of any religion, authorized to solemnize a marriage to solemnize any marriage, and no such authorized individual who fails or refuses for any reason to solemnize a marriage shall be subject to any fine or other penalty for such failure or refusal. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, a Clerk of the Peace who issues a marriage license, or a deputy thereof, shall be required to perform a solemnization of such marriage if requested by the applicants for such license.

open all state marriage laws for delaware
For Delaware

Link to Marriage Laws for Other States and More Information

Other Delaware Marriage Laws

World Christianship Ministries LLC
Site Map - Menu - Content
 Ministry Phone Number
(559) 297- 4271

E-Mail Address:

Fax # for Applications:
(559) 297- 4223

General Information
Senior Citizen Ordination
Womens Ordination
Fast Ordination
Ordination Packages (Clergy Packages)
Ordination Application/Ordering Forms PDF
Ordination Application Forms - html jpeg
Application Page
How to become a?
Be Ordained Today!
Legal Status, Religious Freedom Laws
Become Ordained Minister by State
Ordained Minister
How to Become Legally Ordained Minister

Do Weddings - Marriages
Weddings Page
Who Can Do Marriages
Marriage Laws for Each State
Interactive Marriage Law Map of USA
Marriage Ministry, Earn $

Sermons, How to Prepare
Search Page
Links Page

Certificates Page
Church Charter
Letter of Good Standing, Communion
Parchment Paper Choices

Bible Courses, Handbooks
Bible Study Courses
Handbooks & Materials

Miscellaneous or General
Mail me an Application Packet
Replacing Certificates and Materials
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Countries with WCM Ordained Ministers
Music Page - Inspiring Christian Videos
International Association of Clergy
Surprise Page
Thank You Page
Featured Ministry


© World Christianship Ministries LLC